Top Review by Mia in Germany
Delicious way to make rice! I used recipe #418911 for the stock, which gives the rice this extraordinary flavour. Thanks for sharing!<br/>Made for Exploring UAE in the N*A*M*E Forum.
- 1 cup white basmati rice
- 1 pinch saffron
- 4 -5 cups chicken stock, with a little water added if need be (Please use Emirati Style Yellow Chicken Stock to be authentic It includes turmeric to make the rice yellow)
- oil, to grease pan
Directions See How It's Made
- Gently wash the rice in three changes of water. Let the rice soak in water for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 250°F.
- Put stock into a large pot with saffron.
- Bring to a boil.
- Drain the rice and add to the boiling stock. Stir once or twice very gently.
- Let boil for 8 minutes and strain the rice.
- Put rice in a greased pan and cover with aluminum foil and place in the oven 30 minutes or until ready to eat up to 1 hour 1/2.
- You may use the remaining stock in Recipe #388925.