Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 14.79 ml margarine or 14.79 ml butter
- 78.07 ml chopped onion
- 78.07 ml chopped green bell pepper
- 118.29 ml chopped Canadian bacon
- 1 prebaked 12-inch pizza crust
- 8 eggs
- salt and pepper
- 236.59 ml picante sauce
- 236.59 ml shredded cheddar cheese
- 29.58 ml chopped fresh cilantro
- Melt butter in a large skillet.
- Saute onion, green bell pepper, and bacon until tender.
- Add eggs, salt, and pepper to skillet.
- Stir and cook until eggs are almost set, but not runny.
- Place pizza crust in pizza pan or baking stone.
- Spread egg mixture evenly over pizza crust.
- Top with picante sauce.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 5-10 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Sprinkle with cilantro.
My name is Emily, too...and this is my favorite breakfast pizza, too. I used sliced brown-and-serve sausage links instead of canadian bacon. Happily, I had some left over tri-color (red, yellow, green) bell peppers that I used. I also added mushrooms. Made for a great Mother's Day brunch for Emily and Emily's Mother.
My kids and husband loved this. Mildly seasoned which works well for my kids. But I sprinkled some chopped jalapeno pepper on the adult's slices. I ended up using an extra 1/2 cup of cheese because we reallly like it. The kids thought is was cool to have pizza for breakfast. Would be good with mushrooms and black olives too. Thanks for sharing this.