Prep 8 mins
Cook 0 mins
Best Sangria...Courtesy of Mr. Lagasse
- 1 (750 ml) bottle red wine (Rioja)
- 1 lime
- 1 lemon
- 1 orange
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup Grand Marnier
- in a small sauce pan melt the sugar in the water to form a simple syrup, set aside.
- cut lime in half, squeeze 1 half into the pitcher and slice the other half into thin slices and put in pitcher.
- do the same to the lemon and orange.
- pour in wine.
- pour in grand marnier.
- pour in simple syrup.
- mix well.
- serve in glasses full of ice, do not put ice in pitcher.
I've been making Emril's sangria for several years now. The only thing I do different is add a diced up apple with the other fruit. Great recipe.