Such a great recipe! I make it up for a gift when going to a new neighbor, or for dinner guests.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup butter, room temperature, plus
- 2 teaspoons butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups shredded carrots
- 1 cup ground toasted walnuts
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 8 ounces chopped toasted walnuts
- 2 cups coconut flakes
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup simple syrup
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Grease 3 round (9 inch) cake pans with 2 teaspoons.
- 3of the butter.
- 4In the bowl of an elctric mixer, fitted with a paddle, combine the 1/2 cup of the butter, oil, sugar and brown sugar.
- 5Cream the mixture until smooth.
- 6Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt into a small mixing bowl.
- 7Add the eggs to the butter/sugar mixture, 1/2 cup at a time.
- 8Add the carrots, ground walnuts and vanilla.
- 9Mix well.
- 10Pour the batter into the prepared pans and spread evenly.
- 11Place in the oven and bake for about 25 to 30 minutes or until the center springs back when touched.
- 12Remove from the oven and cool.
- 13In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine the cream cheese and remaining 1/2 cup butter.
- 14Mix well.
- 15Add the walnut pieces and coconut.
- 16Mix well.
- 17Add the powdered sugar, 1 cup at a time and mix until the frosting is spreadable.
- 18To assemble, slice each cake in half.
- 19Place on half in the center of a serving plate.
- 20Brush the top of the cake with the syrup.
- 21Spread 1/2 cup of the frosting over the first layer.
- 22Repeat the above process until all of the layers are used.
- 23Ice the entire cake with the remaining frosting.
- 24Refrigerate the cake for 30 mninutes.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Emeril's Classic Carrot Cake With Fresh Coconut Walnut Frosting
Serving Size: 1 (217 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 869.8
- Calories from Fat 447
- Total Fat 49.6 g
- Saturated Fat 17.1 g
- Cholesterol 112.8 mg
- Sodium 374.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 103.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 81.0 g
- Protein 9.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: