Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs 15 mins
Medium difficulty danish dough from the "Essence of Emeril: Breakfast Breads" episode off off Food Network. To be used with "Emeril's Bear Claws, Danish Twists, Danish Pockets" (recipe 202615). Posted here for safekeeping.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl whisk the eggs, milk and yeast together. Let the mixture sit for 15 minutes under refrigeration.
- Using a pastry blender, blend the flour, salt, sugar, and cardamom together. Work the yeast mixture into the flour. Knead the dough until smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Form the dough into a ball and allow to rest, about 20 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Beat 1 1/2 cups butter until smooth.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and roll into an oblong about 3/8 inches thick.
- Dot 1/3 of the butter over 2/3 of the dough. Fold the undotted dough over the remaining third of the butter-dotted portion. The dough is now in 3 layers.
- Roll the dough out gently into an oblong, 3/8-inch thick. Repeat the folding process two more times.
- Cover and chill the dough for 2 hours. Roll the dough into the desired shapes. Following the rolling techniques.
This is a very stiff dough, didn't rise much and not sweet enough. There has to be something missing or I have done something wrong. Anyone else try this recipe?