- 2 lbs hash brown potatoes
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 2 cups sour cream
- 2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups crushed potato chips
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all the ingredients, except the potato chips and melted unsalted butter, together in a 9-inch by 13-inch casserole dish.
- Refrigerate; (can be made the night before.) Before baking, add 2 cups crushed potato chips and ½ cup melted butter to the top of the casserole.
- Bake at 350 degrees for one hour.
- Refrigerate leftovers.