Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
A recipe from Rachael Ray for an easy and tasty Turkey Gravy.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- leftover pan dripping, from your turkey
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 3 cups store-bought chicken broth or 3 cups turkey broth
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 egg yolk
- Place a medium-sized sauce pan over medium heat with the butter.
- Once the butter has melted, add the flour to make a roux.
- Cook, stirring constantly, for about 2-3 minutes, until lightly golden in color.
- While roux is cooking, place the roasting pan that you cooked your turkey in on a burner over medium-high heat.
- Once the pan gets hot, add the wine and scrape up all the bits on the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon.
- Add the bits to the roux along with the stock and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- When ready to serve, beat an egg yolk in a small bowl with a ladle of the sauce.
- Pour the egg yolk mixture back into the pot of sauce. It will make a glossy, more stable gravy.