Another great recipe from American Profile. This also is best when left to sit overnight.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups 2% low-fat milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup shredded American cheese
- 1To prepare the cheese sauce, melt butter in a heavy saucepan over low heat. Blend in flour and cook 1 minute, whisking constantly. Gradually add milk; cook over medium heat until thickened, stirring constantly. Add salt, pepper and cheese, stirring until mixture is smooth.
- 2Oil a 13-by-9-inch glass baking dish or coat it with cooking spray. Melt 3 tablespoons butter in a large skillet. Add ham and green onions and sauté until ham is lightly browned and onions are tender. Add eggs and cook over medium-high heat, stirring to form large soft curds. When eggs are set, stir in mushrooms and cheese sauce.
- 3Spoon egg mixture into baking dish. Combine melted butter and bread cubes, mixing well; spread evenly over egg mixture. Sprinkle lightly with paprika. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 4The Next Day : Preheat oven to 350F and remove dish from refrigerator.
- 5Bake strata, uncovered, about 30 minutes, until thoroughly heated and lightly browned on top.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ellie's Sunday Strata
Serving Size: 1 (132 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 211.9
- Calories from Fat 137
- Total Fat 15.2 g
- Saturated Fat 7.7 g
- Cholesterol 241.1 mg
- Sodium 422.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 11.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: