Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This salad is made with Ellies herb seasoning mix Herb Seasoning which full of flavor. The salad is full of crunchie vegies,fresh herbs.
- 1 small zucchini
- 1 small carrot
- 1 small onion
- 1 small red pepper
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup herb seasoning mix (I use Herb Seasoning)
- 2⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄8 cup wine vinegar
- 1 lb elbow macaroni, cooked and chilled
- 5 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled (optional)
- Rough cut the first 4 ingredients place in a fod processor and pulse with metal blade till finely chopped.
- Or chop by hand.
- Mix all the ingredients together adding more mayo if needed.
- Chill and serve.
Good salad which I think is a bit healthier than your typical mac salad ladden with mayo, but next time I'll chop my vegetables by hand rather than using the food processor and use less of the herb seasoning mix (I used the whole 1/2 cup, which I think is too much) and add the bacon, which I skipped this time. I was also wondering how pretty this would be with tiny cherry tomatoes added. Thanks for sharing!
i chopped my vegetables by hand, tossed the salad and added some pepper and salt. i refrigerated it for several hours for the flavors to blend. we like our pasta salads with a bit more kick.