katie in the UP's Note:
This recipe came from the Oprah site...it's originally designed for Wynonna Judd: Journey to Health. The broth is suppose to have healing properties. It also curbs your appetite.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 piece gingerroot, thumb size, peeled
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 1/4 habanero pepper
- 2 limes, juice of, In a separate bowl
- 1 quart chicken stock or 1 quart vegetable broth
Vegetables for garnish
- 1Put garlic, ginger and habanero in a food processor; or blender and grind to a fine puree, adding a few drops of the lime juice to loosen it up a bit.
- 2Place this in a 1 1/2 or 2 qt sauce pan, over med high heat saute for 10 seconds and remove from heat.
- 3Pour in the broth, return pan to heat; let it come to a slow simmer. cook for 15 minutes to incorporate all the flavors.
- 4Divide the garnish vegetables between 4 soup bowls and pour the broth over.
Browse Our Top Clear Soup Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Elixir Cleanse Soup
Serving Size: 1 (354 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 116.8
- Calories from Fat 27
- Total Fat 3.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 7.2 mg
- Sodium 351.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 6.1 g
- Protein 6.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: