carrie sheridan's Note:
This has a very special and elegant flavor - not "wine-y" at all - and very purist. Excellent chilled, with any grilled meat or fish, in the summer.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Boil potatoes in salted water, in loosely covered pot, until fork-tender.
- 2Reduce 1-1/2 cups white wine to 3/4 cup; this CAN boil, although it is better not to.
- 3Drain potatoes; cool slightly; while still warm, pour reduced wine over them.
- 4Add chopped shallots and onions.
- 5Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 6This is good warm, but it is better thoroughly chilled.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Elegant Wine-Marinated Potato Salad
Serving Size: 1 (192 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 238.8
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 415.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 3.8 g