Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This has a very special and elegant flavor - not "wine-y" at all - and very purist. Excellent chilled, with any grilled meat or fish, in the summer.
- Boil potatoes in salted water, in loosely covered pot, until fork-tender.
- Reduce 1-1/2 cups white wine to 3/4 cup; this CAN boil, although it is better not to.
- Drain potatoes; cool slightly; while still warm, pour reduced wine over them.
- Add chopped shallots and onions.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- This is good warm, but it is better thoroughly chilled.