Prep 15 mins
Cook 13 mins
Simple vegetable rolls made with crescent dinner rolls. Drizzled with tomato glaze.
Make and share this Elegant Vegetable Rolls recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus
- 1 teaspoon olive oil, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 cup packaged coleslaw mix
- 1 (3 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained and chopped
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 3⁄4 cup diced peeled, cored, seeded tomatoes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1 (8 count) can refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- fresh cilantro stem (optional)
- Sauté 1 tablespoons oil, garlic and red pepper flakes over high heat 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add cole slaw mix and mushrooms and sauté 3 more minutes. Season with 1 1/2 teaspoons salt and pepper.
- Separate dough into 4 rectangles. Firmly press perforations to seal. Place 1/4 of vegetable filling on short side of rectangle. Fold up long sides to cover mixture and then roll like and egg roll. Place on a baking sheet, folded side down. Bake at 400 for 13-18 minutes, or until golden.
- Meanwhile, sauté 1 teaspoons oil, tomatoes, cumin and 1/2 teaspoons salt 3 minutes, or until tomatoes are soft. Puree mixture in food processor or blender until smooth. Set aside.
- When rolls are removed from oven, spoon 1/4 of sauce onto 4 plates. Cut veggie rolls in half on diagonal and place 2 halves standing upright on plate. Garnish with cilantro.
Have to say these were much better than I thought they would be and I would certainly make them again. Very easy and an excellant taste, nice little bite! Instead of the coleslaw mix, I had a partial cabbage to use up so I chopped it and added fresh mushrooms and a red onion. Turned out just great! The cumin flavoured tomato sauce was quite delicious and complimented the rolls. We enjoyed these very much, thanks for sharing a goodie!!!