1/1 Photo of Elegant Tarragon Twice Baked Potatoes
1 hr 15 mins
Redneck Epicurean's Note:
There are tons of twice baked potato recipes here at Zaar, most with cheddar, bacon, sour cream, etc. This recipe is my take on a TBP I had at a very expensive hotel restaurant in Louisville. They're very simple, but delicious, freeze well, and the recipe is very easily doubled. Baking time is reflected in the cook time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1NOTE: Depending on the size of your potatoes is how much of the other ingredients you will need. If the potatoes tend to be more medium-sized than large, start with the smaller amounts.
- 2Heat the oven to 350 degrees. Pierce potatoes, rub the potatoes with oil, sprinkle with the coarse salt, and bake 1 hour or until tender when tested. Set the oven to broil.
- 3In a small pan, heat the butter and milk, but do not boil.
- 4Cut the potatoes in half lengthwise and scoop out the pulp. Mash, until creamy, with the butter/milk, and salt and pepper to taste. Stir in the cheese and tarragon.
- 5Place the potatoes into a pastry bag fitted with a large star tip and pipe back into the shells.
- 6Broil the potatoes until the top is just golden brown, about 1-2 minutes, depending on your broiler.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Elegant Tarragon Twice Baked Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (103 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 196.0
- Calories from Fat 87
- Total Fat 9.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 29.5 mg
- Sodium 75.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 7.3 g