Recipe by kiwidutch
This dish is so Yummy, especially if you love orzo like we do! COOKS NOTE: I like to use more garlic, and spinach, but I will leave that up to you. I also add roasted red peppers and even Pancetta!Please note: this is an adopted recipe and I hope to make it soonest. If you make it before I do, I would appreciate feedback, Thanks ! ZWT REGION: Italy.
- 453.59 g packageuncooked orzo pasta
- 78.07 ml olive oil
- 29.58 ml butter
- 2.46 ml minced garlic
- 2.46 ml dried basil
- 2.46 ml crushed red pepper flakes
- 236.59 ml pine nuts
- 283.49 g bag Baby Spinach
- 28.39 ml balsamic vinegar
- 226.79 g packagecrumbled feta cheese
- 1 fresh tomato, chopped
- kosher salt
- ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes. (Firm or slightly undercooked orzo works best for this dish.) Drain, transfer to a mixing bowl, and set aside.
- Heat olive oil and butter in a large skillet over medium high heat, stirring to blend.
- Stir in garlic, basil, and red pepper flakes, and reduce heat to medium. Stir in pine nuts and cook until lightly browned.
- Add spinach, cover, and cook on low heat for 5 minutes, or until spinach is wilted.
- Toss spinach mixture with orzo pasta. Portion onto serving plates with a drizzle of balsamic vinegar and a sprinkling of crumbled feta cheese and chopped tomatoes.
- Allow guests to adjust seasoning with salt and pepper, as needed. Enjoy!