1/2 Photos of Elegant Lavender and Lemon Poached Chicken Breasts
French Tart's Note:
An easy, romantic and elegant dish to make with chicken breasts, which are gently poached in a lavender infused broth and then served with a creamy shallot and lemon sauce. Use low fat creme fraiche or cream if you are watching your fat intake - it works just as well. Serve these delightful lavender poached chicken breasts with wild rice, pasta or new potatoes and mange tout. This recipe is for two people - but the ingredients can be increased with ease!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 300 ml good chicken stock
- 0.65 ml lavender, cooking essence or 4.92 ml culinary lavender flowers
- 15 g butter
- 1 shallot, peeled and finely chopped
- 9.85 ml cornflour
- 44.37 ml creme fraiche
- salt and pepper
- 14.79 ml fresh lemon juice
- fresh lavender flowers (to garnish)
- 1Place the stock and lavender essence in a saucepan and bring to boil. Add the chicken breasts and return to boil and poach for 10-15 minutes until chicken is cooked through.
- 2Remove the chicken to a dish and keep warm while making the sauce. Pour the stock into a jug.
- 3Melt the butter in the pan and soften the shallot gently for 3-5 minutes. Sprinkle on the cornflour and stir to mix.
- 4Gradually add the stock and stir while bringing to the boil. Simmer for 5 minutes then add the creme fraiche, salt and pepper. Simmer for a few minutes. Add lemon juice and season to taste.
- 5Pour the sauce over the chicken, garnish each chicken breast with some lavender flowers and serve with wild rice or pasta; new potatoes and mange tout would also be good.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Elegant Lavender and Lemon Poached Chicken Breasts
Serving Size: 1 (320 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 338.0
- Calories from Fat 174
- Total Fat 19.3 g
- Saturated Fat 10.1 g
- Cholesterol 126.9 mg
- Sodium 417.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 29.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: