Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
Heavy cream takes these de-viled eggs over the top! --Tasty-- and I are very happy to have found my old copy of The Pooh Cook Book again! Fresh herb only, please!
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and cut in half
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream or 3 tablespoons homemade mayonnaise, thinned with heavy cream
- paprika (I used smoked paprika for an extra dose of oo la la)
- 12 leaves Italian parsley, whole leaves (or fresh basil, salad burnet, lovage, etc.)
- Place the egg yolks in a bowl and using a fork, mash with the salt, pepper and heavy cream.
- Divide and spoon the mixture into each egg half cavity.
- Sprinkle paprika on top and garnish with fresh herb of choice, as suggested.
Fantastic deviled eggs! The cream makes the filling so creamy and allows the flavor of the egg to shine through. I'll make my deviled eggs this way from now on - thanks for sharing a keeper!
These really are "DE-vine"!! The heavy cream does seem to make them smoother, richer, and more delectable than just the "usual" deviled eggs. I had no fresh herbs to put on top, which I'm sure will make them perfect!! I will use heavy cream from now on- Thanks for sharing!!