Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe has been in my family since I can remember. Always a big hit no matter who makes it. The honey makes the crust a little chewy. I like the nuts finely crushed use different kinds. It's pretty sweet and great warmed up with some butter on it; hard to believe there's Zucchini in it!
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil (or canola)
- 1 cup honey
- 3 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup crushed nuts (your choice)
- 2 cups shedded zucchini
- Mix together the first 4 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients.
- Stir all ingredients until mixed completely.
- Grease and flour 2 medium loaf pans.(maybe 3 depending on size).
- Spoon mixture into pans leaving room so bread can rise.
- Bake on middle rack at 350 degrees for one hour.
- Use toothpick to check.
- Let cool on racks and remove from pans.