Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
I can't remember if this is a copycat or if I got this from the cook, but I have most of the El Chico recipes from working there and Im almost certain this is authentic. AKA: PICO DE GALLO
- 3 tablespoons key lime juice
- 1⁄2 cup sweet onion, like the texas 1015
- 2 cups very ripe chopped tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons fresh jalapenos, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh pepper
- 2 tablespoons cilantro
- Throw it all in a bowl and let it meet and greet eachother covered for 3 hours or preferably overnight. Don't keep for more then 2 days.
- Serve as garnish for fajitas, quesadillas, or enjoy with nacho's.
My family loves this stuff! This is the best pico de gallo recipe I have ever used. We eat it instead of salsa most of the time. Great for parties, too.
Wonderful! For years I have coveted Pico de Gallo when ever I have eaten at Mexican restaurants. This actually delivers the deliscious, fresh, clean taste without over powering the tastes of the individual veetables. This is a must if you have a garden. So easy and so deliscious. I love it with nachos and fajitas, but I also love it by itself with chips. Thanks for sharing.
Delicious! This quick and easy pico de gallo is so full of flavor. My store didn't have any key limes, so I had to use regular limes. Also, we love cilantro so I increased the amount to 1/4 cup. I have an overabundance of banana peppers in my garden right now so I threw in a couple of those as well. I served this with chicken tacos and my family loved it. Thank you for sharing this fabulous recipe...it is definitely a keeper!