I have a gluten sensitivity. I have been looking into low gluten breads that are delicious and everyone loves. I found einkorn and spelt flours & when combined make a perfect loaf of bread. On their own, they have a different texture, but this bread recipe is AMAZING! Also, if you love a creamy soup and thick gravy my HOT TIP, use einkorn flour or white spelt as a thickener
- 2 1⁄2 cups lukewarm water
- 2 (1/4 ounce) packages yeast
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons vinegar (weird, but you won't taste it-for textue)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3⁄4 cup roasted sesame seeds (I found them in the chinese section at grocery store)
- 3 cups einkorn flour
- 1 cup regular spelt flour
- 3 cups white spelt flour
- Mix yeast, water, honey. let sit five minutes add rest of ingredients mix until nice dough forms. Pour into greased 10X5 loaf pan (that's what size I had but you could do two smaller loaves) Just fill 2/3 full whatever pans. Cover loosely with damp towel and let rise 1 hour 20 minutes. Then, bake 375 for 30-35 minutes-maybe less if smaller pans.
- Many blessings & enjoy a low gluten super high protein bread. This is a pretty forgiving bread--use sugar or agave nectar instead of honey. Use a combo of flax and sesame seeds etc! I use regular yeast, not rapid rise. ENJOY my gluten sensitive people!