Recipe by Tish
Got this recipe out of cooking light. Piperade is a dish from the Basque region of France that always includes tomatoes and bell peppers. This version with eggs is similar to a frittata. Serve this dish with roasted potatoes
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3⁄4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 3⁄4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley, optional
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add bell peppers and garlic; saute 5 minutes.
- Add thyme, salt, ground red pepper, and tomatoes; cover, reduce heat to medium, and cook 7 minutes or until bell peppers are tender.
- Uncover, and cook 1 minute or until liquid almost evaporates.
- Gently stir in eggs; cover, and cook 3 minutes or until set.
- Garnish with parsley, if desired.
- Cut into wedges.