Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Here's a quick and easy way to use up those after-Easter painted eggs...OR...anytime! This is really nice for lunch served over toasted whole wheat bread. Tag along a fresh fruit salad and there's a whole meal!
- 8 hardboiled egg, coarsely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups celery, diced
- 1⁄2-2⁄3 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons onions, diced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup potato chips, crushed
- Combine first six ingredients. Add mayonnaise by the spoonful until it reaches the consistency you like.Mix thoroughly, but lightly so as not to break up the eggs.
- Place in lightly greased 1 1/2 quart baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese and top with potato chips. Bake in 375F oven for 30 minutes.