Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A low fat, low calorie version of an old favorite. If the eggs are boiled earlier this can be made in just a couple of minutes.
- Boil and peel the eggs and discard the yolks. Set the egg whites aside.
- Dissolve the cornstarch in 1/4 cup of the milk and set aside.
- In a small non-stick pot or sauce pan heat 3/4 cup of milk and the mustard to almost the boiling point.
- Add the cheese slices to the hot milk and stir until melted. Increase heat until milk is almost boiling.
- Stir in the milk and cornstarch mixture slowly, adding only enough to make a smooth sauce. Stir constantly to maintain smooth texture. Remove from heat.
- Cut egg whites into small cubes and stir into cheese sauce.
- Serve over warmed biscuits or toast (I use my own yeast raised biscuit recipe available on 'Zaar).
- NOTE: 'Zaar has calories at 182 even without the cheese which is wrong. Adding the cheese you can figure about 125-130 calories per serving. I think they failed to subtract the egg yolks.