Chef Larz in Pennsboro, WV's Note:
A low fat, low calorie version of an old favorite. If the eggs are boiled earlier this can be made in just a couple of minutes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Boil and peel the eggs and discard the yolks. Set the egg whites aside.
- 2Dissolve the cornstarch in 1/4 cup of the milk and set aside.
- 3In a small non-stick pot or sauce pan heat 3/4 cup of milk and the mustard to almost the boiling point.
- 4Add the cheese slices to the hot milk and stir until melted. Increase heat until milk is almost boiling.
- 5Stir in the milk and cornstarch mixture slowly, adding only enough to make a smooth sauce. Stir constantly to maintain smooth texture. Remove from heat.
- 6Cut egg whites into small cubes and stir into cheese sauce.
- 7Serve over warmed biscuits or toast (I use my own yeast raised biscuit recipe available on 'Zaar).
- 8NOTE: 'Zaar has calories at 182 even without the cheese which is wrong. Adding the cheese you can figure about 125-130 calories per serving. I think they failed to subtract the egg yolks.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Eggs Goldenrod, Lite
Serving Size: 1 (204 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 187.4
- Calories from Fat 74
- Total Fat 8.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 320.4 mg
- Sodium 173.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 14.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fat free cheese