Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a surprise because it tasted so good... lol I had an eggplant that needed to be used so I came up with this number and thought it was worth sharing. I liked it and it was nice to have eggplant in another way rather than parm or casserole... I hope you like it.
- 1 large eggplant
- 1 large yellow squash
- 226.79 g can tomato sauce
- 113.39 g water
- 283.49 g can Rotel Tomatoes
- 1 medium onion
- 59.16 ml extra virgin olive oil
- rosemary, and
- ginger, blend
- kosher salt
- black pepper
- italian seasoning
- 5-8 garlic cloves
- 14.79 ml mead (we were drinkin some and richard poured a little in, lol) (optional)
- heat skillet to med.
- pour oil in and spread about.
- chop onion and garlic and quarter eggplant and squash coins that are about 1/4 inch thick.
- add onion, eggplant and squash.
- season to taste with salt and pepper.
- add tomato sauce and rotel and about half a can of water.
- season with italian seasoning, stir.
- add garlic, stir.
- you can add the meade now as well, we had Bunratty meade, or add whatever is in your glass just a dash will do.
- bring to a boil let simmer covered until all is cooked through.