Recipe by Lianna Banana
I had some extra winter squash cooked up and an eggplant that was getting wilty, so I made a curry dish from them that I like.
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vegetarian chicken-like flavoring
- 1 large eggplant, peeled and diced
- 2 cups cubed winter squash (pre-cooked)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces coconut milk (light is best)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, saute the onion in the olive oil.
- When the onion is just tender, add the turmeric and garam masala and cook for a minute.
- Add water and vegetarian chicken flavoring, then diced eggplant.
- Cover and cook until eggplant is tender.
- Add winter squash and salt, and additional water if necessary. Stir.
- When heated through and liquid is reduced to about half a cup, add coconut milk and stir thoroughly.
- Remove from heat and serve over brown rice.