Prep 30 mins
Cook 50 mins
It was easy. I love Italian food and my husband loves meat. Had ingredients around house, so I combined them.
- 2 eggplants
- 3 onions
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 16 ounces ground sausage
- 2 (26 1/2 ounce) cans spaghetti sauce
- black pepper
- 12 slices of sandwich cheese
- Cook sausage with minced onions, and garlic.
- Add cubed eggplant, when meat is done, and onions are light brown.
- Continue cooking for 7 minutes.
- Add margarine, spaghetti sauce, and pepper. Mix all.
- Put in casserole pan.
- Top with cheese.
- Bake in oven, at 325°F for 50 minutes.
- Serve hot or very warm.
Different and a good way to use eggplant.I sliced the eggplant, pan grilled and layered it like lasagna. Used asiago and provolone