I was doing some research on Eggplant Parmesan and came across this little goody. All the crispy goodness of traditional Eggplant Parmesan, only in bite size snack form. It fries up quickly, is crunchy, salty and guests can’t keep their hands off of it. This would probably be delish baked too. Adapted from Life's Ambrosia.
- Preheat about 2 inches of oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Cut off tip and peel eggplant. Using a sharp knife slice eggplant into 1/8 inch circles. Then slice in half. You want them to be about the width of two fingers. Pat dry with paper towels.
- Combine flour, salt and pepper in a resealable bag.
- In a bowl, beat together eggs. Set aside.
- On a plate mix together Italian seasoning, Parmesan cheese and breadcrumbs.
- In batches, place eggplant slices in flour and shake to coat. Then dip slices in egg and press into the Parmesan-breadcrumb mixture to lightly coat.
- Once oil reaches 350 degrees, begin frying the chips in batches. (If you don’t have a thermometer, drop a little flour in and if it sizzles it’s ready) Fry 3-5 minutes or until golden brown and crispy. Transfer to paper towels. Repeat with remaining eggplant.
- Sprinkle with more Parmesan cheese if desired. Serve hot.
- To get even more of the taste of Eggplant Parmesan, dip these in your favorite marinara sauce.