Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I love the goulash my daddy made. Elbow macaroni is normally used. I have replaced it with eggplant. It is delicious.
- Brown ground meat half way then add in onions and bell pepper.
- Cook till done.
- Add in tomato paste and beef base. Blend well. It may be helpful to add a little water at this step.
- Add black pepper and garlic (adjust both to your liking).
- Add in eggplant, use enough water to have eggplant blend well into the meat mixture. (This is a thick dish so be stingy).
- Reduce heat, cover, and simmer till eggplant reaches desired tenderness.