Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
Delicious as a vegetarian meal in itself, or as a side dish.
Make and share this Eggplant, Corn, and Tomato Pie recipe from Food.com.
- 1 large eggplant, peeled and cubed
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) cangolden sweet corn, drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) canstewed sliced tomatoes, drained
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup italian-style seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Boil eggplant cubes until soft, about 20 minutes. Drain in colander. In a skillet, melt butter and saute onion, pepper, and garlic. Add seasonings.
- Mix everything in a large bowl and pour into a buttered 8"x12" baking dish. Bake at 350 until browned and set, about 25 minutes.
Great recipe for the season. I made it as written except I used pepper jack cheese. Everyone liked it.
I made this item tonight for dinner. I embellished it a little. I deleted the eggs, and added zucchini. I also switched-out the cheddar cheese for mozzarella, as I can do part-skim milk cheese, which is lower in calories. Also, I used chile peppers, as I did not have any bell peppers. I didn't have Italian Seasoning, so I used oregano, basil, thyme, marjoram and rosemary. I cooked the zucchini slightly, with the onions and peppers. This is a very good dish. Super quick to make, very tasty, and you can virtually use up any Mediterranean vegetables you have. Great summer recipe, as all the vegetables come into season!