Recipe by karen
Another easy eggplant recipe that I found in a local newspaper.
Top Review by Cookin' Swimmer
Ohh so good! Instead of boiling the eggplant I broiled it until the skin started to peel off (Makes the flesh sweeter and mushier) and used cracker meal since I didn't have normal bread crumbs. IT WAS DELICIOUS!!! Very filling too. Good, healthy dinner.
- 1 medium eggplant
- 1 teaspoon onion, grated (or you can use minced onion)
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg, beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel eggplant and cut into small pieces.
- Boil in salted water until tender.
- Drain well and mash.
- Stir in all other ingredients.
- Spray non-stick skillet with cooking spray, or add a small amount of oil.
- Drop teaspoonfuls of eggplant into skillet and fry on both sides until golden brown.