Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Another easy eggplant recipe that I found in a local newspaper.
Make and share this Eggplant (Aubergine) Patties recipe from Food.com.
- 1 medium eggplant
- 1 teaspoon onion, grated (or you can use minced onion)
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg, beaten
- Peel eggplant and cut into small pieces.
- Boil in salted water until tender.
- Drain well and mash.
- Stir in all other ingredients.
- Spray non-stick skillet with cooking spray, or add a small amount of oil.
- Drop teaspoonfuls of eggplant into skillet and fry on both sides until golden brown.
We really like eggplant but this was just okay for us. Kind of bland, actually. I served this with some homemade onion relish and that made it tasty. I'm glad I tried this recipe, but probably won't make it again. Looks like we are the odds one out though as most really enjoy this recipe. Sorry it wasn't for us.
We really liked this one. We have been dieting lately, so fried it in olive oil. It satisfied that little bit of wanting fried stuff craving. Good recipe, thanks.
Ohh so good! Instead of boiling the eggplant I broiled it until the skin started to peel off (Makes the flesh sweeter and mushier) and used cracker meal since I didn't have normal bread crumbs. IT WAS DELICIOUS!!! Very filling too. Good, healthy dinner.