Recipe by rick
It takes a bit of work, but eggplant lovers will not be disappointed, same as vegetarians.
- 5 medium eggplants
- 2 eggs
- 1 -2 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon parsley (finely chopped)
- salt (to taste)
- 1 pinch pepper (optional)
- 1 cup milk
- oil (vegetable or olive, it's your choice)
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash eggplants and cut along in strips of 1cm (10mm), boil them in a mixture of half water and vinegar for about 2 to 3 minutes (you might have to do it in batches, depends on the size of the pot), remove and place them on a tea towel or paper towel, let drain and cool.
- In the mean time, beat the eggs adding the garlic, parsley, salt, pepper and milk.
- In a tray spread the bread crumbs.
- Dip the cooled eggplants in the egg mixture and then pass over the bread crumbs, repeat the process until you finish the lot of the eggplants.
- In a frying pan add oil and heat (medium heat) and fry the crumbed eggplants, remove as soon they get a golden colour, place them on paper towel to drain.
- Can be served with salad and mushed potatoes.
- •Another option: Once fried, put some mozzarella cheese on top and place in medium heat oven until cheese melts.
- Always serve hot.