Recipe by Julesong
An adopted recipe. I love eggplant, and am looking forward to trying this one out and editing it if necessary.
Top Review by jchinique
Made these last night with eggplant and chopped green peppers from the garden, subbed ground flaxseed and quinoa for some of the breadcrumbs. You can easily add more if the mixture is too runny. Definitely drain the eggplant after cooking down.
I like made them into cylinder shapes - they are delicious with a bit of greek yogurt or sour cream on the side!
- 2 eggplants, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 3 tablespoons minced yellow onions or 3 tablespoons red onions
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper