This is one of my most successful attempts at getting my BH to eat something he claims he hates. BH despises eggplant, or so he says. I started making this about 5 years ago (got the idea from my upstairs neighbor). I haven't yet told him about the secret ingredient. Don't you dare tell him either!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion, sliced thin
- 1 medium eggplant, pared and cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1/2 green pepper, diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms
- 2 tomatoes, cubed
- 1 lb cream-style cottage cheese
- 1 1/2 cups matzo farfel or 2 matzos, finely broken
- 1Saute the onion in butter.
- 2Combine the next 6 ingredients.
- 3Add the sauteed onion, cover and cook for 15 minutes.
- 4Stir in the tomatoes.
- 5Grease a 2-quart casserole and arrange alternate layers of vegetables, cottage cheese and farfel, beginning and ending with vegetables.
- 6Bake uncovered at 350° for 20 to 30 minutes.
- 7This may be put together ahead of time and refrigerated.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Eggplant (Aubergine) Casserole -- Perfect for Passover
Serving Size: 1 (308 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 187.4
- Calories from Fat 86
- Total Fat 9.6 g
- Saturated Fat 5.8 g
- Cholesterol 26.6 mg
- Sodium 940.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 6.6 g
- Protein 12.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: