Recipe by Alan Leonetti
This is a great recipe for anyone, especially vegetarians.
Top Review by *Parsley*
This is a unique way of preparing eggplant, but it's quite delicious. It's not the prettiest-looking dish in the world, but the taste makes up for it. I made this just as written. Loved it! Thanx for sharing.
- 1 medium eggplant
- 1⁄8 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion (diced)
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 plum tomato (diced)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 3 eggs (beaten)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place eggplant on oiled sheet pan& bake in a 350 degree oven, turning it once, until soft.
- Remove from oven& slightly cool& peel.
- Cut into 1/2” pieces.
- In a large pan combine olive oil, onions& garlic& sautè on medium flame until golden brown.
- Add tomato, tumeric, eggplant, salt& pepper.
- Stir to evenly combine.
- Cook 1 or 2 minutes over medium flame.
- Add the beaten eggs.
- Just as the eggs begin to solidify, stir.
- Continue to stir until the eggs are completely solidified.
- Add more salt& pepper if desired.
- Place into a serving bowl& serve hot.