Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
A simple and tasty eggplant recipe that I found somewhere before I kept track.
- 2 eggplants, medium size
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Peel eggplant and cut into large chunks.
- Boil in salted water for about 10 minutes or until soft.
- Drain eggplant in collander, then return to pot and mash.
- Add all other ingredients except 1/2 cup of the cheese.
- Spray a casserole dish with cooking spray and pour eggplant mixture into dish.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese on top.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
I love eggplant! This recipe is an example of how versatile it is. This was sooo simple to make and it was really a yummy comfort-type food. Creamy and cheesy. I used fresh garlic instead of the power, but that's all I changed. It stayed moist after baking without being watery. I'll make this again. Thanx!
This was very good. I added 3 minced garlic cloves to the boiling water with the eggplant. I used a white onion, 3 fresh small eggs and 2% sharp cheddar. I also used creole seasoning and pepper. I think this would be great with salsa! Mine was a little watery so I think next time I'd press the water out in the colander.