- 1 medium eggplant
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- fresh parsley (about 1 1/2 tablespoons dried)
- 6 -7 leaves fresh basil (about 1 1/2 tablespoons dried)
- 2 -3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- garlic powder
- 1 lb whole wheat angel hair pasta
- grated cheese, is optional and must be counted (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Coat a 13X9 inch pan with olive oil. Cube a medium sized eggplant and add to the pan. Add the diced tomatoes, parsley, basil, salt, pepper and garlic powder (and grated cheese if preferred). Stir to coat. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for about 1 hour.
- Toss over angel hair pasta or thin spaghetti.