Prep1 hr 10 mins
I just love eggnog, it's so seasonal and yummy. What better than in Christmas cookies! Recipe yield depends on the size of the cutters you use.Prep time includes 1 hour chill time.
- In a large bowl, combine sugar and butter. Beat until mixture is creamy, about 2 minutes.
- Add 1/3 cup eggnog, egg and vanilla; continue beating until well combined. Reduce the speed to low; add flour, baking powder, nutmeg and salt. Beat until dough is well mixed.
- Divide the dough in half and wrap each in plastic wrap. Refrigerate until it is firm, at least one hour.
- Preheat oven to 375°F Roll out dough, one half at a time on a lightly floured work surface to a ¼-inch thickness. Cut out the cookies with a Santa shape or your favorite holiday cutter. Place the cookies 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake the Santa cookies for 8 to 10 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned. Remove from the oven and cool completely.
- Frost with your favorite icing or decorate with sprinkles and candies.
These are wonderful cookies! The eggnog and nutmeg give them a great flavor. They are soft just like I love my sugar cookies. I didn't have a Santa cookie cutter so I guess mine are called Christmas tree cut-outs. I frosted them with "Sugar Cookie Frosting". I also got 3 dozen Christmas tree cut-outs.
YUM YUM YUM - used rum butter icing on them - they are spectacular!!!