Mary Scheffert's Note:
I got this recipe from a business associate, who is also an avid cookie baker. If you like egg nog, you'll love these little cookies!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup margarine, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 teaspoons rum extract
- 1 egg
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1In a large bowl, beat sugar, 1 cup margarine, 2 tsp vanilla, 2 tsp rum extract and egg until light& fluffy.
- 2Stir in flour& 1 tsp nutmeg; mix well.
- 3Cover dough with plastic wrap- chill at least 30-45 minutes for easier handling.
- 4Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- 5Divide dough into 6 pieces.
- 6On lightly floured surface, shape each piece of dough into a long rope, 1/2-inch in diameter.
- 7Cut into 3-inch lengths; place on ungreased cookie sheets.
- 8Bake 12-15 minutes or until light golden brown.
- 9Immediately remove from cookie sheets,& cool completely.
- 10To make frosting: in a small bowl, combine all frosting ingredients (except nutmeg), adding enough milk for desired spreading consistency; blend until smooth.
- 11Spread frosting on cookies, and mark with tines of a fork to resemble bark.
- 12Sprinkle each cookie lightly with nutmeg,& allow frosting to set.
- 13Store cookies in a tightly covered container.
- 14**NOTE:These cookies freeze well.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Eggnog Logs
Serving Size: 1 (1135 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 82.8
- Calories from Fat 34
- Total Fat 3.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 3.6 mg
- Sodium 43.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 6.4 g
- Protein 0.8 g