Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I know I'm late for the X-Mas season past & WAY early for the next, but I just found this recipe stuck inside a cookbook & want to make sure it doesn't disappear into oblivion again. It's on a 3-pg fold-out entitled "Holiday Recipes", shows the Braum's trademark name & a lovely pic of this recipe is featured on the cover pg - a truly stunning presentation! :-)
- 16 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 1 (7 ounce) jar marshmallow creme
- 1⁄4 cup eggnog
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- fresh fruit (as desired)
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl & beat till smooth. (I love my immersion blender & it would be great for this)
- To Serve: Place dip in a serving bowl on a rd serving plate or platter & arrange fresh fruits around it to create a decorative, edible wreath.
- HINT: A note says to "Keep any cut fruit fresh by sprinkling w/lemon juice.", but I have found it more efficient to brush the cut surfaces of fresh fruit (such as apples or pears) using my pastry brush -- or -- put lemon juice in a sml plastic bag, add the fruit slices/wedges, shake to cover the cut surfaces w/juice & store in a container w/a snap-on lid till ready to serve.
Congrats on your 2009 Week 17 Football Pool win! I mixed this up for a party at the church we were having over the weekend because I had just a little eggnog left over. I will have to say that this was a BIG hit. I served it with graham crackers, sliced apples, pear and various grapes and everyone asked for the recipe.
This is fantastic dip!! 10+ stars!! I don't even like eggnog...LOL! I used apples,pears,kiwi and grapes. I will be making this again! Thanks so much for posting!! Made for 12 Days of Christmas recipe swap.
This is great! And the flavors really intensified overnight (had some leftovers to eat up the next day!). We especially liked it with apples and strawberries. Thanks for sharing!