Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 mins
Perfect for a hearty breakfast or late night supper.
- 4 ciabatta rolls
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 large eggs, beaten
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup sweet onion (Sweet Onions)
- 4 ounces Cacio di Roma cheese, thinly sliced by hand (or Pecorino Romano)
- Preheat a panini grill.
- Slice off the domed tops of the ciabatta rolls; roll should be about 1-inch thick with a crusty bottom and exposed bread top; split rolls horizontally.
- Over medium heat, warm the olive oil in a medium nonstick skillet.
- Add in eggs, salt, and pepper; use a rubber spatula to move the eggs, starting at the edge of the pan and moving toward the center until the eggs are softly scrambled.
- Spread each half of the rolls with a thin layer of Sweet Onions.
- Divide the scrambled eggs among 4 bottom halves of the ciabatta.
- Top with sliced Cacio di Parma and top with remaining ciabatta halves.
- Grill the panini for 3 minutes until the cheese sets and the bread is golden.
- Serve immediately.