Recipe by "Food:The Way To Anyone's Heart"
I recently had the pleasure of visiting The Empress Hotel in Victoria, BC where they have a lovely tea room. This is one of the recipes used over the years at their Afternoon Tea.
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and chopped
- 1⁄2 green onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 2 slices multigrain bread
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Add 1 tablespoons mayonnaise and 1/2 green onion to chopped hard boiled eggs.
- Add seasoning.
- Butter two slices of multigrain bread.
- Put egg mixture onto one slice and top with other slice.
- Cut off crusts and cut into squares or triangles. Sandwiches should be small, finger food.
- "If Teapots Could Talk" -- If an egg falls and smashes, it foretells of good news, but if it only gets damaged or cracked, then bad luck will find you instead.