- 2⁄3 cup mayonnaise, divided
- 4 large hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1 celery rib, diced (can sub 1/8 teaspoon celery seed)
- 4 bacon, slices cooked and crumbled
- 1⁄4 cup fresh green onion, sliced thin
- 1 tablespoon sweet onion, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 12 slices sandwich bread, lightly toasted (white or wheat thin-type preferred)
- 1 cup firmly packed fresh spinach or 1 cup lettuce
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir together 1/3 cup mayonnaise and next 7 ingredients.
- Spread remaining 1/3 cup mayonnaise evenly over 1 side of each bread slice. Spread 4 bread slices, mayonnaise side up, evenly with half of egg salad. Top evenly with half of spinach or lettuce and 4 bread slices.
- Repeat procedure with remaining egg salad, spinach, and bread slices. Cut each sandwich into quarters.
- Alternative Shrimp Salad:.
- Shrimp-Egg Salad Club: Omit bacon. Add 2/3 cup finely chopped boiled shrimp, 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon rind, and 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper. Proceed with recipe as directed.