Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is similar to the sauce from 'the Cheesecake Factory'.
Make and share this Egg Roll Dipping Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup cashew nuts, chopped
- 2⁄3 cup fresh cilantro
- 2 garlic cloves, quartered
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 4 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon tamarind pulp
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1 pinch powdered saffron
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- Combine cashews, cilantro, garlic, green onions, sugar, black pepper and cumin in a food processor or blender.
- Blend with short bursts until the mixture is well blended. The cashews and garlic must be well chopped.
- They should be about half the size of a grain of rice.
- Combine the vinegars, honey, tamarind and saffron in a small bowl. Heat mixture for about 1 minute in microwave and stir until tamarind pulp dissolves completely.
- Pour tamarind mixture into blender or food processor with the cashew mixture and mix with short bursts until well combined (about 20 seconds).
- Pour blended sauce into small bowl and add oil. Stir by hand. Cover and refrigerate at least 30 minutes before serving.