Recipe by Mini Ravindran
The aroma is so exotic and look so captivating !! Sizzles !!
Top Review by Girl from India
Did everything exactly as stated! I very rarely do that but I did have most of the ingredients ready except the Canola oil (Must have made the difference). Whatever I did wrong it was not upto my expectations. It smelled and looked good but something in the taste did not appeal to my DH and myself! Sorry!
- 6 eggs, hardboiled and cut into halves
For the gravy
- 5 tablespoons onion paste
- 2 tablespoons garlic paste
- 1 tablespoon ginger paste
- 3⁄4 cup tomato puree
- 1⁄2 cup sesame seeds (dry roasted and powdered)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 2 tablespoons oil (preferably Canola)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a heavy-bottomed pan.
- Add onion, garlic and ginger paste.
- Wait till it becomes pinkish brown.
- Add salt, black pepper powder, red chili powder and roasted sesame seeds powder.
- Stir well.
- Wait for a few seconds and allow the spices to mix and proceed to add tomato puree.
- Saute till gravy is well done and raw smell is gone.
- Add some water if the gravy thickens up.
- Gently put the boiled eggs in the mixture and close the lid for 10 minutes on medium heat.
- Alternatively, transfer to the dish and microwave for 5-6 minutes.
- Serve hot with steamed white rice, pasta, noodles or Indian breads.