Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
The aroma is so exotic and look so captivating !! Sizzles !!
- 6 eggs, hardboiled and cut into halves
For the gravy
- 5 tablespoons onion paste
- 2 tablespoons garlic paste
- 1 tablespoon ginger paste
- 3⁄4 cup tomato puree
- 1⁄2 cup sesame seeds (dry roasted and powdered)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 2 tablespoons oil (preferably Canola)
- Heat oil in a heavy-bottomed pan.
- Add onion, garlic and ginger paste.
- Wait till it becomes pinkish brown.
- Add salt, black pepper powder, red chili powder and roasted sesame seeds powder.
- Stir well.
- Wait for a few seconds and allow the spices to mix and proceed to add tomato puree.
- Saute till gravy is well done and raw smell is gone.
- Add some water if the gravy thickens up.
- Gently put the boiled eggs in the mixture and close the lid for 10 minutes on medium heat.
- Alternatively, transfer to the dish and microwave for 5-6 minutes.
- Serve hot with steamed white rice, pasta, noodles or Indian breads.
Did everything exactly as stated! I very rarely do that but I did have most of the ingredients ready except the Canola oil (Must have made the difference). Whatever I did wrong it was not upto my expectations. It smelled and looked good but something in the taste did not appeal to my DH and myself! Sorry!
Ummmmm...it is so yummmm...too good to be described here....include it in the dinner tonight !