Mini Ravindran's Note:
The aroma is so exotic and look so captivating !! Sizzles !!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 eggs, hardboiled and cut into halves
For the gravy
- 1Heat oil in a heavy-bottomed pan.
- 2Add onion, garlic and ginger paste.
- 3Wait till it becomes pinkish brown.
- 4Add salt, black pepper powder, red chili powder and roasted sesame seeds powder.
- 5Stir well.
- 6Wait for a few seconds and allow the spices to mix and proceed to add tomato puree.
- 7Saute till gravy is well done and raw smell is gone.
- 8Add some water if the gravy thickens up.
- 9Gently put the boiled eggs in the mixture and close the lid for 10 minutes on medium heat.
- 10Alternatively, transfer to the dish and microwave for 5-6 minutes.
- 11Serve hot with steamed white rice, pasta, noodles or Indian breads.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Egg Islands in Tomato & Sesame Gravy
Serving Size: 1 (153 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 302.1
- Calories from Fat 211
- Total Fat 23.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 317.2 mg
- Sodium 127.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 13.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: