Recipe by Jainene
This is lighter than some carbonaras, and still very creamy. My husband and I aren't very fond of cooked eggs in any form, so combined several different recipes and a bit of my own ingredients to make this tasty recipe. Feel free to substitute chicken broth for the white wine, if you'd like. I served this with a side of steamed broccoli.
- 6 pieces center-cut bacon, diced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 4 ounces neufchatel cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 cup light cream
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 3 cups cooked spaghetti
- parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook bacon in a large saute pan over medium-high heat until it starts to brown.
- Remove excess fat from pan. Add olive oil and chopped onion. Cook until onion is soft and translucent.
- Add garlic, cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add water and white wine. Reduce heat and summer until most of the liquid has evaporated.
- In a separate saucepan, whisk together butter, neufchatel, and light cream over low heat. Add.
- Whisk bacon & onion reduction into the cream sauce.
- Toss cooked spaghetti in the sauce over low heat until heated through.
- Serve with an extra sprinkle of parmesan cheese and a sprinkle of pepper. Garnish with fresh cilantro.