Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Although this is made with egg noodles, there are no added eggs to the recipe and it binds together well. This dairy kugel can also be prepared using low-fat sour cream and lowfat ricotta cheese. Even though this is a sweet side dish, I will confess to having it (cold) for beakfast on occasion!
- 1 (16 ounce) package egg noodles
- 1 (1 lb) container sour cream
- 1 (1 lb) container ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup golden raisin (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook noodles according to package and drain.
- Put noodles in a 3 quart baking dish and add the butter while the noodles are warm so it can melt.
- Mix until evenly coated.
- In a bowl, combine all other ingredients and mix.
- Add this to the buttered noodles and mix until evenly blended.
- Bake for about 45 minutes to an hour, until top browns.