Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
Got this from about.com:chinese food. Used sweetened tart shells from the grocer's freezer. Made for Chinese New Year Dimsum for my Red Hat group and they all loved them. It made more than enough for 12 tart shells so I baked the balance in a small oven safe dish.
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole milk
- 4 ounces fruit sugar, by weight
- yellow food coloring (optional)
- Beat the eggs, stir in the milk and the sugar.
- Add the yellow food coloring if using.
- Let the filling rest for a few minutes to let some of the air bubbles burst.
- Pour into tart shells.
- Bake at 350 about 35 minutes or until the custard is cooked and a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean.