Recipe by Baby Kato
My son and I came up with this dish. It's quick, easy and tastes great...we have it at least once a week as a side dish.
Top Review by Chef Jean
All the reviews of this salad are correct, it is yummy! It was a huge hit at the BBQ we had. I used just a little italian dressing to bring everything together which turned out perfectly. Made for PAC spring '11.
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, washed, cut in half
- 1 cup spicy marinated green olives, sliced
- 1 small cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 1 vidalia onion, thinly sliced and diced
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup zesty Italian salad dressing (optional)
- 4 leaves lettuce
Directions See How It's Made
- *You may substitute Italian salad dressing for Tomato & Basil, Tomato & Oregano, Greek or Balsamic Vinegar dressings).
- Dish also tastes great without any salad dressing.
- Wash tomatoes and cut in half.
- Slice olives coarsely, do not wash.
- Peel and chop cucumber.
- Thinly slice and dice onion.
- Shred parmesan cheese into large shreds.
- Shake salad dressing well.
- Combine all ingredients, stir and cover, refrigerate for about 2 hours.
- Serve on a bed of lettuce and enjoy.