Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
My sister in law's mother made these for her family for years. They're so adorable and easy -- and fun for the kids to help out with in the kitchen.
- 16 chocolate wafers
- 8 Nutter Butter sandwich cookies
- 1 (8 ounce) packagereeses peanut butter cups
- 40 candy corn (one small package should do it)
- 1 (8 ounce) packagewhite prepared icing (in a tube)
- 1 (12 ounce) bag mini chocolate chips
- 8 red jelly beans
- 16 orange jelly beans
- 8 yellow jelly beans (or white)
- Take a Reeses Peanut butter cups and use about a dime sized dollop of icing to "glue" it to a chocolate wafer - make sure it's centered. Set aside.
- Take 8 Nutter Butter cookies and on the top center of one of the cookies make a stripe of icing. Affix two chocolate chips as "eyes," a yellow or white "nose" and a red "mouth." Set aside to dry.
- Take Reeses/Wafers that you started with and around the edge where the Reeses cup meets the wafer, make a half circle of icing. Along that half circle, evenly space 5 candy corns, with the wide part of the candy corn facing outward. Let set for 5 minutes.
- While the Reese/wafers are on the table laying flat, put a dollop of icing on the center of the Reeses cups and then take the Nutter Butters and glue them onto the Reeses. DO NOT LET SET.
- Immediately, take a new chocolate wafer and lay it on the table. Put a large round dollop of icing in the center. Take the Reese, nutter/butter "body" of the turkey and place it on top of the icing. You might need to slide the Nutterbutter/reeses to get the right balance to make it stand up. Usually it stands up pretty easily.
- Stick two orange "feet" at the base of the nutter butter.