Recipe by the80srule
These flavors may not seem like they go together well...but believe me, they do. I use mostly frozen edamame but Libby's makes organic canned edamame too which makes my life a lot easier! For dressing I recommend raspberry vinaigrette, a little olive oil and vinegar, or Poppy Seed Dressing.
- 1 1⁄2 cups shelled edamame (if using fresh or frozen, or 1 14-oz can Libby's organic edamame)
- 3⁄4 cup butter lettuce, cut (I use Dole salad bags)
- 1⁄2 cup shredded carrot
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro
- 1⁄2 cup pecans
- 10 dates, chopped with the pits removed (I use red Chinese dates that have no pits)
Directions See How It's Made
- Gently steam the edamame and pour cold water on it to make it stop cooking (or shell it if fresh, rinse and drain if using canned.).
- Wash the lettuce and carrots.
- Chop the dates and if you want, the pecans.
- Toss all the ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Serve with the dressing of your choice.