Recipe by BakingLuvr
This is a recipe I picked up from a friend. Hers turned out great, and so did mine, so i decided to put it up.
- 1 cup sugar (granulated)
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 2 egg whites (no yolk)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 3⁄4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350, or 325 if you have dark non-stick pan.
- Prepare pan whichever way. ( I use butter, or even better, the spray).
- In a bowl, cream together sugar and butter. Add the sifted flour and baking powder. Beat in eggs(one at a time). Stir in vanilla.Finally, stir in milk until batter is smooth. Bake for about 30-40 minutes, until cake springs back at touch.