Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a recipe I picked up from a friend. Hers turned out great, and so did mine, so i decided to put it up.
- 1 cup sugar (granulated)
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 2 egg whites (no yolk)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 3⁄4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350, or 325 if you have dark non-stick pan.
- Prepare pan whichever way. ( I use butter, or even better, the spray).
- In a bowl, cream together sugar and butter. Add the sifted flour and baking powder. Beat in eggs(one at a time). Stir in vanilla.Finally, stir in milk until batter is smooth. Bake for about 30-40 minutes, until cake springs back at touch.
Liked it so much for my daughter's 10th birthday that we made it again (only substituting Almond Extract for Vanilla) for my husband's birthday. We'll see how that turns out.
BakingLuvr is right. Simple and good. That's what counts. I didn't want a recipe that was too intense. Just wanted something simple but I made a really good frosting that I knew was going to be perfect with white cake. Thank you.